Sunday 8 February 2015

Exploring: East Lothian

When there is a rare day of sunshine among the wintery white skies, I always get the urge to adventure - or at least to get out of the flat and into the fresh air. I wrote a list of places to go and things to do back at the beginning of January when the year was beginning, and along with my monthly resolutions I'm aiming to work my way through a fair few of them over the coming months. 

One of the reasons I love Edinburgh is that it's so close to both the coast and the hills. When the grey clouds gave way to glorious sunshine this weekend, it was the perfect opportunity to start ticking off my list with a walk along the coast and woodland at Gullane. It was beautiful, with clear skies allowing for views of the hills of Fife were visible to the right, and the Edinburgh skyline to the left. A re-fuelling stop at a bakery on the way back, followed by a happy half hour spent chomping cake and sipping hot tea while watching the birds swooping at Aberlady, and a perfect Sunday was spent. 

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely love these photos! Really lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh it looks lovely! I'm planning a big trip round Scotland in the summer and I'm so excited now! x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete